The primary focus is to deliver strong underwriting performance across our core business lines through in-depth knowledge and through the recruitment and retention of leading underwriting talent. This focus applies to both new and existing classes of business and, when combined with a prudent approach to reserving and disciplined expense management, can deliver consistent performance across the Group.
The growth and development of our underwriting portfolio will be supported by a proactive capital management strategy. The key elements of which are: the optimal utilisation of capital to support underwriting, strategic reinsurance purchasing, efficient financing and the proactive management of surplus capital.
- Specialty knowledge and capability
- Established track record
- Recruiting and retaining the best talent
- Long standing trading partners
- Diversified underwriting portfolio
- Prudent reserving
- Superior enterprise risk management
- Disciplined expense management
Dynamic capital management
- Optimal utilisation and reallocation
- Efficient financing
- Strategic reinsurance purchasing
- Proactive management of surplus